Friday, May 12, 2006

But one can try...

Today I've been reading from Prus again. I'm on chapter three of Anielka, and I ran across this:

Życie człowieka nie wystarcza na odczytanie tysiącznej części książek, jakie są w jednej literaturze.

Roughly translated, it means "The life of a man will not suffice to read the thousandth part of the books in a single literature."

Which doesn't seem to stop some of us from the making the attempt, does it?




And incidentally, I figured out how to get the Polish characters here on my blog, so I no longer have to cringe because I'm writing a Polish word with English letters. It makes me very happy, even though it will not make the slightest difference to my non-Polish-speaking readers.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home