Friday, July 21, 2006

Now this is one of those things that makes Poland really different from the US!

I had to visit a doctor today, something I manage to avoid most of the time. I spoke to a real live, doctor, had an EKG, and purchased two medications. The total cost for everything was less than $30.

And as long as you're gasping in disbelief, I will add a couple of other things. Are you ready for this? Doctors make housecalls the same day you call and ask them to come. Ours charges around $35 for this, about $10 more than an office visit would cost.

And are you ready for this one?

Doctors give you their cell phone numbers AND answer them and talk to you when you call. No receptionist. No answering machine giving you more options than there are buttons on the phone. Just call and get the doctor.

Now, don't everyone rush to move to Poland all at once. You do NOT want to be incarcerated in a Polish hospital. I once spent 11 days in one of those places, and I figure I've done my time!

1 Comments:

At 2:10 PM , Blogger Phyllis said...

Would you be able to add BlogIt, so that I can get your posts by email? Pretty please? :-)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home