Friday, February 16, 2007

Bits and Pieces

I wrote a long, careful post about about a book I finished, and blogger made it disappear. That was two days ago, and I haven't had the time or inclination to blog much since. Now I feel like I'm playing catch up.

Family--I'm potty-training a reluctant two-year-old. She's going to be three soon, and the though of a three-year-old in diapers is harrowing to my soul. I'm never in a hurry to potty-train my little ones, and I have less patience than ever about the process at my "advanced" age. I am daily reminded of why I am never in a hurry to do this. It would be like excitedly marking off the days until your root canal. Said two-year-old is also finally beginning to speak. I think the latest remarks added to her repertoire are "I don't know" (ah-no-no) and "Let go!" (letTOE). I used to speak fluent two-year-old, but I'm really rusty.

Ministry--I'm hosting a ladies' tea in my home next Friday, during which I will be giving a short devotional in Polish. We've invited some new people, so hopefully we'll have a nice group.

Minor Annoyances--My books keep disappearing. Every day for the past week, I have been asking, "Have you seen W pustyni i w puszczy?" or "Have you seen The Diary of a Nobody?" I even lost Dawn to Decadence one day, and that book is huge. I found my Polish book under the couch, and later, I found the Diary behind the Polish book on the shelf.

Small Blessings--My husband took me out to a Chinese restaurant for Valentine's Day. Afterward, we were browsing, and I found this fantastic collection of movies based on Jane Austen's novels. Being the confirmed Austen fan that I am, I was thrilled to purchase these DVD's. I have a few homemade videos (taped from BBC, actually), but I've always wanted to have them in a nicer form. Plus, this is a version of Sense and Sensibility that I haven't seen. Fun, fun. Those Polish covers are irrelevant--the movies have their original English soundtracks. What a great find!


Books and Reading--I am loving all my reading right now, but I'll save most of it for individual posts. In spite of being a short month, I have a feelingI may end up with more books read in February than any other month of the year. (I can't imagine keeping up this pace.)

See ya later!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home