Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Recent crochet projects...in progress

I'm continuing to work with colored thread and loving it. It's like a whole new world has opened up. I may do something in white again someday, but do not, under any circumstances, hold your breath while waiting. Color is so much more fun.

I finished this little two-color project a few weeks ago. Frankly, I'd like it a lot better if it would lay flat, but it doesn't want to. That annoys me, and so I'm not as fond of it as I might otherwise be. Of course, I would never give away something so imperfect, so I'm stuck with it myself. At least I like the colors.



I started this project a long time ago, as a "spring" project. I set it aside because I got tired of making the same little motif over and over, but I need to pick it up again, or work out a plan for finishing it, or something. I'm past the halfway point, and it would be a shame to let it languish forever. It's not laying flat right now because it isn't blocked, but it will when I'm finished. I blocked and ironed the other one to death, and it just won't behave.

Funny thing about this project...I spread it out to take this picture, and you know what it reminds me of? You're never going to guess, so I'll just tell you. It reminds me of Bram Stoker's Dracula, because I did most of this work while listening to the audiobook at Librivox.



This is the project I'm actually working on. It used pineapple motifs, but the unusual combination of a center worked in the round and a border (in a different color) worked back and forth gives it a very contemporary twist. This is going to be a good-sized mat when it's finished, as is the floral one above. I don't have places to use them on a daily basis, so I either need to buy some big tables to display them, or I need to manufacture an excuse to use them on the table. I like them too much to just fold them up in a drawer.



This blog is getting a little dusty from lack of use, so I'm formulating a game plan for posting regularly as well, on a rotation of subjects. We'll see if it comes to fruition.

6 Comments:

At 1:50 AM , Blogger Mrs. H said...

They are very pretty! I especially like the first one.


Mrs. H

 
At 7:57 PM , Blogger MaureenE said...

This has made me want to start crocheting again! I need a project.

 
At 8:11 PM , Blogger Birdie said...

Absolutely lovely! Thanks for sharing the wonderful pics!

 
At 9:22 PM , Blogger Gem said...

If it won't lay flat, that first one would make a beautiful pillowtop!!!

 
At 6:23 PM , Blogger DixieRedHead said...

Beautiful work! I am very glad I stumbled upon your blog. I look forward to reading it!

 
At 10:59 PM , Blogger MS said...

The pineapple one is my favourite! I'd like to see it finished :o)

greetings from Pomorze!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home