Friday, April 13, 2007

Gone fishing...

Not really, but the sentiment is pretty close. I'm unavailable and indulging in what might be supposed to be entertainment, but I am the mom hosting a Redwall theme party for a bunch of 7-10-year-old girls, and so the entertainment is theirs, not mine. What I'm doing looks a lot more like work.

Which makes me feel bad about wasting time asking for book suggestions because I haven't had time to read anyway. And then I slipped off to the library yesterday (the books I needed to return were overdue because I didn't realize they were closed on Good Friday), and checked out some light reading of an entirely different nature. I was delighted to find that they had changed their policy, and instead of allowing patrons to borrow only two books, we can now borrow three.

Two mysteries and another book by Stella Gibbon. Yeah. I'm to soak in the tub and read a mystery right now, before collapsing in bed to rest before the Big Birthday Event tomorrow.

Pictures will be forthcoming...




P.S. I got recommendations for all three of the books I mentioned! I'm planning to read all of them sooner or later, you understand...

1 Comments:

At 1:38 PM , Blogger molly jean said...

I can hardly wait to see the party pictures. My introduction to Redwall was at a picnic my 17-year old daghter arranged for her younger brothers in our yard. We remember tea in a china teapot, a candle in a hurecane lantern because the sun was setting, cookies...the picnic quilt and she read the beginning of Redwall to us! But sadly, I didn't take pictures.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home