Sunday, July 23, 2006

Before I say goodbye for a few days...

We're going away for a few days to the country, to breathe fresh air and cook over a campfire. Lest I leave everyone wondering if we ever finished up the kitchen, let me say that it is, indeed, complete, thanks to Kśysiek and Krakovian, both of whom put in many, many hours and did a fantastic job.

My kitchen is just as small as it ever was, but now every inch is maximized and we've squeezed in all the goodies that can be squeezed, from pull-out baskets instead of shelves in the lower cabinets and (oh thank you, dear generous friends in the states) a dishwasher to open corner shelves and a hood for the stove. It looks wonderful, and in spite of the reduced floor space with this arrangment, it's actually "roomier" because we can work on the both sides of the kitchen.


I don't plan to do much on this vacation except read (my recent doctor's visit gives me every excuse to sit quietly and do nothing else), so I'll let everyone know what I've been reading when I get back!

3 Comments:

At 10:21 PM , Blogger Mama Squirrel said...

Take good care of yourself and enjoy your rest!

 
At 9:38 AM , Blogger lindafay said...

Just reminding myself- I'm not jealous, I'm not jealous, I'm not jealous, I'm not jealous...

 
At 7:43 AM , Blogger Leslie Noelani Laurio said...

The kitchen is beautiful! I love a cozy, efficient kitchen.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home