Wednesday, December 05, 2007

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas...

So says the song.

We had a very cold November, complete with two (or was it three) major snowstorms with 6-9 inches accumulation of snow. Since the calendar has flipped over to December, and Christmas is imminent, and a little snow would be festive and maybe a little welcome, instead of tedious, nary a flake have we seen. The temperatures have been well above freezing, with a selection of rain, cloudiness, and even a little sunshine, none of which will put you in a holiday mood.

Nevertheless, the calendar is relentless. Christmas is coming, the advent calendar is marking the days, and I even mentioned the word "Christmas tree" yesterday.

It may be obvious that I'm just filling in space here, because this post is a cheat. If you visited my blog on December 5th, this post wasn't here. In order to fulfill my semi-promise to blog every day, I have to make up for the lack, so I'm back-dating this.

Mea culpa, but it's my blog, and I'm doing it anyway.

If the place you live doesn't look any more festive than it does here, maybe you'd like to look at post from the past and see how Christmas ornaments are made. I blogged about it a couple of years ago, and we visited a Christmas-bulb-making-factory the year before that. My children look so young in the pictures...I believe I was pregnant with C. at the time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home