Wednesday, December 12, 2007

A little show-and-tell

Remember this attempt at an artistic crochet project? I really did learn a lot on that one, and I did get brave enough, a few months later, to try again.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

I found a really good deal on thread while we were on vacation this summer and bought about 40 spools in some very nice colors. I'll eventually get around to making a few more! This kind of work is better for the summer time, because frankly, I can only crochet with sewing thread in strong daylight, and we're about a week again from the winter solstice. "Strong daylight" isn't in the forecast for months!

If you don't want to go back and read the old post, I'll explain that these are created by holding three strands of sewing thread together. Subtle color changes are effected by changing just one of the three at a time, and the technique creates a "painted doily."






1 Comments:

At 4:31 AM , Blogger Donna-Jean Breckenridge said...

Oh. Wow.

You are amazing. That is truly beautiful - and I recall that same thought with your last 'artistic endeavor.'

I am very, very proud to be in possession of an Original Krakovianki. :-)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home