Tuesday, January 01, 2008

Happy New Year!

I have nothing especially profound to say about the new year, but I know people who do. Visit here and here for reflections and encouragement to keep on keeping on.
IMG_1106

I'm just making use of this first day of 2008, a brand-new, virtually unblemished year, to do something I've read about 'round the internet, and always wanted to try. It's called "pay it forward," and is simply a way to pass on the blessing of receiving a hand-made gift. I signed up for Pay it Forward here . The rules are thus:

"I will send a handmade gift to the first 3 people who leave a comment on my blog requesting to join this PIF exchange. I don’t know what that gift will be yet and you may not receive it tomorrow or next week, but you will receive it within 365 days, that is my promise! The only thing you have to do in return is pay it forward by making the same promise on your blog.”

Actually, I can pretty much assure you that I will send a doily to those who sign up here (not the one pictured!), and that it will not be white. The rest of it is pretty accurate, although I shall try to be as prompt as possible!

I have many plans and thoughts swirling about in my head, but not everything is ready for prime time and the glare of the blogosphere. The most recent thing I planned on this blog was to post every day in December, and I think we all know that didn't exactly happen, although I did break the non-posting cycle, and I hope to post regularly (not necessarily daily) in 2008.

So, Happy New Year!

4 Comments:

At 2:20 AM , Blogger Promise Christian Academy said...

Hello!
I was just looking around for fellow homeschooling blogs and came across yours...
I would like to take part in this PIF project... it is a great idea.
I am about to scan your reading list below....
Hilda Rebecca

 
At 5:51 AM , Blogger Tracey said...

Krakovianka: This is such a lovely idea!! I'll have to try this, myself!!

Oh, and btw, thank you again for your little package last month!! It arrived while I was in the hospital after delivering our 2nd dd, and it was such a lovely surprise!! (You don't have to PIF me, as I'll consider the lovely book as such! ;-)) I was having a down, hormonal moment, and when I opened up the mailbox and saw that envelope, oh, my gosh! I could have skipped back to the house (well, I didn't, since I was still in pain *grin*)!! Thanks, again!

 
At 3:29 AM , Blogger Annalea said...

While I'm not requesting to take part in this particular Pay It Forward, (I'm conducting my own, in another way), I'm in awe of that beautiful crochet. One of the very, very few things I have from my grandmother are two doilies that I cherish--they're complex, beautiful, and remind me of who she was and what she loved.

Is that a pattern to which you can name a source? I've been wanting to add a doily of my own work to my grandmother's, to make a triptych of sorts, to cross the generations, and remind me that part of her still lives within me. Thanks so much for sharing the photo of your work. It's lovely.

 
At 4:14 AM , Blogger Deanna said...

Your work is totally gorgeous. If you are still needing another PIF, I would love to be a recipient and I would PIF. I am in the process of setting up a blog, so my blogger is blank right now. I think this is a great idea and I would love to take this idea and run with it when I set up my blog. I would love to know your techniques and how you decide at what point to change the patterns coloring. I would also love to know where your oval/diamond shaped doily source could be found. I think your Between Meals Centerpiece (the one with the black trim and scarlet is breathtaking. You really have an eye for color.

Deanna
(Friend of Jaishree - she sent me to your blog)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home