Sunday, August 13, 2006

Happy Birthday!

Yesterday, August 12th, was E's 13 birthday. We had a quiet party at home, but I made this cake for her, in honor of one of her favorite book series. In case you can't read the words, it says, "Redwall feast."


E. loves books and drawing, but the present that drew this smile was a gift certificate to the iTunes music store. She bought her own MP3 player earlier this year, so the prospect of new music is enticing.


E. loves to draw and she loves Redwall, so much of her drawing is based on Redwall-style characters. When I discovered this recent doodle on the back of a score-sheet, I decided Beatrix Potter might have competition.



She says I only say that because I'm her mother, and directed me to the preface of one of her Redwall books, in which the character deprecates the praise heaped on him by his mother, because, after all, mothers are biased.

Maybe. Maybe not.

5 Comments:

At 10:25 PM , Blogger Kiernan said...

What clearly makes the day a celebration though is that beautiful bag of Maltesers I see!!!

Great cake!!

Happy Birthday from a stranger. :-)

"Annie Sullivan"
fire_in_mine_ears' mom

 
At 4:03 AM , Blogger The Apprentice said...

Happy birthday, E!! And, if you'd like an opinion on your art from a fellow teen, your mom's right! That's amazing!

 
At 1:39 PM , Blogger Karen G. said...

You can't tell, but under the bag of Maltesers is a bag of cashews--all for E! So, SHE had something to celebrate!

 
At 8:57 PM , Blogger Jocelyn said...

Hi! Your daughter is really pretty and draws really well. That's a great talent she got there! I'm not her mother :D and I'm not just saying that :)Anyway, I'm fifteen and I just thought I should say...Hi!! :)

 
At 9:14 PM , Blogger Keirelle said...

Wow- she is an amazing artist. She definitely could be an illustrator if she would ever chose too!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home