Tuesday, August 08, 2006

The Leaf Motif--more on decorating and style

I've always like the color green. It's probably my favorite color, and I daresay half the clothes in my wardrobe are green. So it's no surprise that I chose green upholstery when we purchased our couch. However, the green couch had a design in it that looked like this.



I decided that the design reminded me of a leaf, and the color contributed to that impression. That inadvertant design element became the foundation for the whole color scheme of our home, and the leaf motif appears again and again in our decorations. Any color that a leaf can be is a good color, and so far nothing has clashed too badly. It does mean that I avoid anything pink or blue!

The leaf motif shows up on the carpet, but it could be anywhere,

including notebooks

or pottery.


I keep a few live plants around as well!

1 Comments:

At 1:21 AM , Blogger Kiernan said...

That's a lovely pattern and scheme. You do have taste - and good taste at that!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home