Tuesday, September 05, 2006

My to-do list

September is shaping up to be one of the busiest months of my life. I rarely have so many things on my plate as I do right now.

A. Prepare for next ladies tea, to be held in my home on October 6th.
1. Make and send invitations, to be trimmed with tatting (made by me) in honor of our theme, "The work of his hands."
2. Write devotional
3. Translate devotional into Polish
4. Crochet at least 15 bookmarks to be given as favors (lace crochet, from thread)
5. Clean house for tea, and...
6. Prepare some of the food and freeze in advance because...

B. Speak three times to a group of Polish homeschoolers from September 29th to October 1st. (Notice the proximity to date above.)
1. Write three 90 minute lectures which needn't be 90 minutes long as there will be translation (that takes time).
2. Pack and take train to town I've never heard of. Alone. (I've also managed never to ride a train here before.)
3. Make sure family has food for meals and good instructions for looking after 2yo.

C. Homeschool my three older children while caring for the toddler. (I can't list all that this entails!)

D. Finish War and Peace

E. Prepare to welcome and assist another missionary family returning from furlough.
1. Prepare meals as needed.
2. Possibly help with setting them up in their new home.
3. Spend time fellowshipping?

F. Be prepared to host yet another missionary family in my home, on short notice, as needed.

G. Celebrate son's 16th birthday.
1. Bake and decorate cake
2. Find and wrap presents already purchased
3. Possibly buy additional last-minute gift?

H. Potty-train the 2yo? (Naaah....probably not this month. But definitely before she turns 4.)

I. (Oh wow, are we on I????) All the usual household stuff that any mom has to take care of.

Fortunately, I have great kids who can pitch in and help with a lot of things. However, no one is going to crochet those bookmarks or write my devotional in Polish or prepare my lectures for the homeschoolers.

So why am I sitting here in front of my computer? Why indeed?

I was checking ebay for one of those fairy-godmother wands, but no such luck.

1 Comments:

At 4:45 PM , Blogger QueenTehillah said...

My friend, I rejoice that God's Grace is always sufficient and I pray for His Strength to lift you during this time. {{hugs}} ~Teresa

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home