Tuesday, August 15, 2006

A Frivolous Book Meme

Because I like to be different...

This is my own meme. I made it up. I'm the very first one to do this, and I'm not (exactly) copying anyone.

1. One book on your desk right now? The Literary Discipline by John Erskine

2. One book with a bookmark in it that you haven't picked up for a few days? War and Peace (Oh, the guilt!)

3. One book marked with a pencil (or other irregular marker) stuffed between the pages instead of a proper bookmark? The Bible and the task of Teaching by David Smith and John Shortt

4. One book with the cover falling off, or other grievous injuries? My Polish/English Dictionary

5. One book you "ought" to be reading, but don't feel like it? A History of Education in Antiquity by Marrou

6. One book sitting on the shelf and enticing you to read it instead of anything else? Dawn to Decadence by Jacques Barzun

7. Your most recently acquired book? The Van Dreisen Affair by Holly Roth

8. One book on your "wish list?" Witness by Whittaker Chambers

9. One book you literally threw in the trash? Lolita

10. One person who ought to answer these questions? Oh, go ahead. All of you, out there in blogdom! What's one more meme amongst so many floating around in cyberspace?

I have yet to participate in any of these games and memes, and wouldn't you know, the first one I do isn't really a "real" meme because I made it up? But it could be real. Clap your hands if you believe in fairies.

4 Comments:

At 1:50 PM , Blogger Mama Squirrel said...

It's a very nice meme. ;-)

 
At 8:59 PM , Blogger Robin said...

Fun. I answered this and sent it to my husbands family chat. They are all book lovers.

 
At 12:38 AM , Blogger The Apprentice said...

You can do my meme. It could be interesting coming from someone in Poland. See my blog. :)

♥apprentice♥

 
At 10:40 PM , Blogger Javamom said...

I played, via CM, Children and Lots of Grace (Mother Auma's) blog!

It is a clever meme. Good job!

Kim in TX

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home