Thursday, September 07, 2006

When it rains...

A funny thing happened while I was checking my email today...

Not long ago, I was complaining because I couldn't find a copy of Bezpieczna Kryjówka (the Polish version of Corrie Ten Boom's The Hiding Place). Also, I have lamented on more than one occasion the lack of a US source for purchasing The Bible and the task of teaching.

And, lo and behold! What happens today? On the same day, I receive two emails telling me where the books may be obtained. I am shaking my head over the coincidence, but feeling quite chuffed about it all. The publisher of the Polish book (a private Christian publisher) still has copies of the book and doesn't even tell me how much it costs--only asks for a donation to cover the shipping. And I have a note from a man at Calvin College, telling me that they now have copies of The Bible and the task of teaching available. One of the authors, David I. Smith, is on faculty there, and it is their custom to sell books written by faculty, so there you go.

If you're interested in a copy, call 800-748-0122. I have another, private, number and the name of a contact person, but I don't want to post that publicly. If you're interested in ordering and would rather use that information, contact me privately.

Now instead of trying to obtain reading material for other people, maybe I should buckle down and get busy with my own "current reads" pile, huh?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home